BANG!

It was a peculiar night in Dallas, as I arrived in town. The wind roared and moaned, yet the bunting which was everywhere was still. It had taken me sixteen hours travelling north from Monterrey, Mexico. I was in no hurry. I stopped at a 2 star diner in Houston and ate a cheeseburger. I had then continued on. I glanced sideways to check my two travelling companions, my Dragunov sniper rifle fully equipped with a x30 laser sight and my trusty bag of disguises. We were legendary at this. I parked my car four blocks from the intersection of Houston St and Main St. I pulled the blankets over my head and settled in for the night.
I woke up to the sounds of the garbage being collected. Under a blanket of fog I was unseen. I strolled the sidewalks checking that my position was secure. I sauntered back to my Suzuki Alto and drove it to the location and waited, thankfully the car was unspotted. I went to the supermarket and was in and out like a shadow in the night, buying only what I needed. (But there might have been a packet of lollies for the celebration.)
My heart was bursting out of my chest, sweat trickled down my face but surprisingly my hands were as steady as a rock. I took aim, knowing where my target would come through. Five more minutes and then I’d be gone. I’d be back to my car and driving off into the sunset like nothing ever happened.
I watched, the glare of the glass on the criminal courts preventing me from being seen. I was invisible. Suddenly, there it was the motorcade and right at the back was…. the President’s convertible!
I squeezed the trigger and a split second later the President slumped over and hit his head on the door. At that moment I felt something whistle past me. I watched as a second bullet hit the car on its back right wheel and then spun out of control. I realised there was a second shooter! Now my escape route was blocked as the convertible was going nowhere.
I thought fast and made a backup plan. I moved covertly down from the criminal courts and through the back streets. Soon I spotted an old, run down car that looked like it was deserted. I sprinted to the car and realised there was a body trying to hotwire the car. What was that I saw? Was that a sniper…. could it have been the second shooters gun? It didn't matter, I need that car. I waited till he got it started and then I pounced. I smashed the window and fortunately he was then knocked out by the shock and the pressure of thinking that he was captured. I then opened the driver door, I grabbed his leg and yanked him out.
And just like that, I jumped into the car and was driving off away from this mess.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!