The 3 Genie's

Once there was a girl called Sally aged 13 and her parent’s, were called Harry and Marge and she had a 9 year old brother called James. One day when they were going home they saw a sign saying Garage Sale - Graham street. The next day they went to the garage sale. Sally went looking around and she found this interesting lamp with a lid. Then she asked her parents if she could get it. They said yes. At the same time she saw a boy looking at a lamp, what looked exactly the same as her lamp. He also asked his parents if he could get the lamp and they also agreed. Later Sally remembered that the boy at the garage sale was named Kai and was a boy from her school and that the boy was in the class next to her class. That night Sally had a nightmare and woke up. She became suspicious of the lamp and opened it.Then came out a genie he said "I am the genie of the lamp". She asked "Could you help this boy called Kai he also got a lamp and I don't want him to have a nightmare and wake up and open the lamp". The genie went to Kai's house and when he arrived the other genie had already been released.
Kai’s genie attacked Sally’s genie. The genie’s kept on fighting day and night for weeks. That effected Kai and Sally’s learning in school. Kai got bad marks in Mathematics – his favourite subject. Sally didn’t pass her English exam. It was a catastrophy. One day Sally’s family went again to a garage sale and at the same spot where they bought the first lamp - James saw another one of those antique and with delicate ornaments decorated lamps and this time he asked his parents if he could get that lamp. His parents agreed again. Short after they arrived at home he opened the lid on his lamp and a good genie came out and said": "Are my younger brothers mucking around." James then stuttered, ”Do you mean the genie’s from Sally and Kai?”
”Yes, yes I do!" bellowed the oldest of the genies. Then the oldest of the genies fought with the other two genies and put them back in their lamps and hid them somewhere, where no one can find the lamps. The next few years Sally and Kai had no problems in school anymore. They have excelled in their grades. They both very thankful to James for saving them.
*** The End ***

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!