Bad Dream

I was out the back helping mum,when her father called us to come have a look at the news report.It said calling all over 18 year olds we need you for for a few weeks to get specially trained ready for war.I wanted to do this even though i was only 15 but i was tall enough to to go.
I got on the plane with mum.On our way nan and pop kept sending us letters,asking questions about where we were we were going.We were nearly there and then disaster struck the back of the plane had fallen off.We were falling thousands of meters and then we came to a sudden stop.We were on the ground.I couldn't feel the lower part of my body so i found what looked to be like a wheel chair,i went over to it and jumped in and i wen't over to mum,she wasn't breathing she wasn't doing anything she had died.I sat there for a while and then decided to go adventuring up hills and mountains through jungles and around creeks and when i could feel my legs again i walked and walked and walked and then i found a town,i saw my fellow troops, i ran to them and when i was talking,our best man got shot twice in the arm and three times in the leg.
We went from town to town and found other troops on our journey.we set out to find plane parts and battle grounds.Adventuring on, it seemed like we were skipping from country to country ,finding more and more injured soldiers.We would take them with us and our army was becoming bigger and bigger. Devastation struck twice we went too far and got ambushed now there was only five of us left.(Dwayne,,Jackson,medic Jai,second medic David and me Vin Paul Johnson.We took down all enemies in the area.Days passed and we waited and waited for over a week and disaster struck for the third time, we thought it was more of our troops but no it was the enemies, they came running knocking down everything in their way, they were reckless and their claim was to take back the land calling themselves 'The Reckless Warriors'.These warriors came from a land far far away. It was an island out to sea with man made huts ,this island was very mysterious and mystic .Before the warriors could take us captive we had to act fast.
Finding all kinds of material we made makeshift rafts to get to their island and set fire to the huts to destroy their island and defeat them . We did this and got out of there going back through where we had come .Over mountains and through creeks , we reached the last mountain there was a trap that we had stood on and the top of the mountain was false and it came crashing down crushing most of our men, it only left me and second medic David. David had never used a gun before so i had to teach him , we fought our way back to the plane,to rebuild the tail of the plane .
Working as quickly as we could, day after day and finally the plane was ready.In the air at last but once again i heard vin vin vin .i jumped up ,i was in bed and in my pyjamas IT WAS ONLY A BAD DREAM!!!!



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!