Keep Going!

I stopped and looked behind me. There it was. I started sprinting. I turned right… then left… then left again. I halted, took a few more steps forward and pressed my back against the cold, hard brick wall. I thought it would be the end. Then my brain clicked and I began feeling around the wall. Ah-huh! I felt a bump on the wall. I pushed it. Then I heard a whoosh and I started to fall, and fall, and fall.?
-3 hours later-?
I jerked up and looked around me. I saw a high wall. I got to my feet and searched around anxiously for a clue, to know where I was. I had no idea. I walked around the wall and back to where I started. I couldn't see anything. Then some of the wall slid away and inside I saw a path. I wasn't thinking straight and walked through the opening. As soon as I was through the opening, the wall slid back and suddenly everything looked tiny except a big red button that said ‘PUSH ME! if you want to live’. As you would, I quickly pushed the button.?I felt a weird sensation in my body. All the walls around me were growing. Well either the walls were growing or I was shrinking. I should have been scared but for some reason I felt brave. I decided to take a risk and venture down the path. I was about to start walking when the word ‘start’ flashed up in green under me. Strange I thought. Just like in a maze. I was feeling a little less brave now. What if I was stuck in a maze? I would never be able to get out. I pushed the idea out of my head and told myself I wasn't in a maze. Through the braveness left in me I began to walk shakily.?
After a few minutes the path I was on ended and two others started. I had no clue which one to take. Right or left??I chose left.?
One foot after the other I make my way down the left path. I can see a beautiful flower in a patch of sunlight. I walked towards it and can smell freshly baked cookies. Hmmm my tummy starts to grumble. I reach out to touch the inner part of the flower. As I do so I notice that the flower starts to bend towards me making it easier to touch the buds in the centre. I touch one and my hand sticks fast. The hardened outer petals close in around me and start to lift me off the ground.?
I yell. I am gripped with fear realising that I have fallen prey to a child eating plant. Maybe I should have taken the path on the right.?Then I woke up to the sound of my mum yelling at me that it is time for school. I smile. It was just a dream.?
OR WAS IT?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!