The Forgotten People Of Our City

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

The workers rush by, dressed in their crisp white shirts, suits and ties their shoes are so shiny you can almost see the reflection of the sky in them, they would hold their briefcases tight as they quickly walked by making sure their eyes never meet.
The shoppers keep shopping, coffee in one hand red, blue and black shopping bags in the other hand. They scurry past the invisible people making sure to never glance in the direction of the invisible people.
I wonder, am I the only one who sees these invisible people? Some are young, some are old, some are men and some are ladies they come in all different shapes and sizes. They look very sad, hungry and dirty. WHY? I ask myself are they on the corner of the busy roads, some are holding signs asking for help but no one can see them only me!
Some have trolleys full of things like blankets, pillows, clothes and shoes but I can see these things are ripped and very old, then I turn and ask a shopper who is my mother who is trying to push me past. STOP!!! I scream and ask why don't you all see this invisible man, for a split second the workers and shoppers stop. They can see him the second pasts and they are invisible again, but for me they are not invisible.
They are real people with feelings just like you and me and in this city we need to show all the invisible people that we really care.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!