Questions

It was 6.00 on a cold winters morning when my alarm went off but I didn't have the energy to move to turn it off.
Why?
A whole bunch of questions hit me. It felt like a semi-trailer just drove into me. I could only think of all the negatives in my life. I didn't know what to do. I tried to move and make a noise, but I couldn't.
Is this what it feels like to die?
Is this just a bad dream?
I finally moved, I called for help. My mum came and she called the ambulance. I was scared. When I got to hospital, it felt like I was giving up, I was dying. Then all of a sudden everything stopped, the world went blank. Was this the end? I took a deep breath - I'm still living.
The people at the hospital were taking me everywhere. I kept blacking out and coming back. It was like this for days. Then one day it stopped. I survived!
I felt the hospital and went home. My alarm was still beeping so I turned it off.
My life has changed so much. I can't eat lots of foods, I can't do a lot of sports and I have a pump to monitor my blood.
I've had a brush with death. I will never forget this, it was the scariest thing that could happen to anyone. No roller coaster ride, horror movie or bad dream could ever match up with how scary this was.
Or was it just a dream? Am I dead? I will never know, or will I?
So many questions to be answered, only time can tell the answer.
I will be patient and wait for the future to tell me what's next. Until then, stay safe, take care of yourself and always…be patient.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!