Haunted

In the old cemetery of Brisbane where hundreds of men and women lost their lives in tragedies with their bodies abandoned and forgotten but, this girl who is dead as well as forgotten was able to do something.
"Hurry up Tom, I want to get out of here before the police come" demanded Jake. "I’m almost done, do you know how heavy a tombstone is?" replied Tom. He shoved the tombstone in his bag and got off the ground to sweep the dirt off his trousers. Just then they heard sirens heading towards the cemetery, they both looked at each other then ran as the police were stopping. They ran as fast as they could but Tom tripped and the bag with the tombstone fell into a hole. He tried to grab it but Jake pulled him back "we’ll come back later, we have bigger problems right now". He looked at him with an urging expression before running again with the police close behind.
The next day Tom and Jake were arrested for the attempted theft of a tombstone. The police looked but they could not find it, little did they know that it was right under their noses. After that, the cemetery was abandoned, some of the bodies were transferred to the new cemetery and the rest were left there forgotten but the one whose tombstone was stolen, belonged to a sweet girl named Winter. She had died on her 12th birthday, it was a horrible death but to give her courage, her family stayed by her side until the very end. Now that her tombstone was taken, this made her enraged. So to make sure this fate will never happen again, anybody who comes to the cemetery would be chased out and never return, except soon something big was going to happen that Winter could have never expected.
Years later, people decided to remove the Brisbane cemetery and replace it with a stadium called Suncorp stadium, being replaced and run over made Winter furious. So as soon as they built the stadium, Winter haunts to scare anyone who came in. Soon one person had the courage to talk with the ghost and ask why she scared anyone who came in. She said she was mad with people for stealing her tombstone many years ago and to prevent it from happening again she dedicated herself to haunting. He understood what it was like to lose something important and promised her that he would find her tombstone, this put a smile on her face that she hadn’t had for long time. She thanked the man who had saved her, but before he left she asked him one last favour. He smiled and agreed, so he found the tombstone and the next day put it in the museum where everybody could see who brave Winter was. Years later there became legends and stories of how the little ghost was forgotten and lost, but was able to do something.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!