Fate

For the 13 years of my life, I have dreamed about having a best friend. A friend who understood me, liked me for who I am and not what they want me to be.
One sunny spring afternoon I was walking home through the park, the birds were chirping, the leaves were rustling in the breeze and in the distance I could hear singing and soft strumming, as I approached the shade of the maple tree I saw a boy, he was strumming his guitar. As I walked by I was intrigued so I stopped to listen, he stopped and looked at me, I was shaking like a leaf as I noticed he was wearing a worn black leather jacket with patches on it, then he spoke, in a voice as sweet as sugar he exclaimed, "Hey there, my name is Jack, nice to meet you!"
I could feel my cheeks blush, I felt that my face was as red as a big shiny apple, embarrassed, I couldn't turn away. I decided to introduce myself, "Hi I'm Sam, I loved your song but I really have to go." With that I swiftly walked off towards my house. My heart was pounding and all I could think of was fate, could this be it, could he be my new best friend?
The very next day on my way to school, I turned a corner and who should I bump into, Jack. He was waiting for me. He had watched which way I left yesterday and decided to meet me again. He was very nice and he was holding a big bright yellow flower almost the size of the sun, he offered it to me. He told me he was new and hadn't found any friends.
Right then I knew that fate had stepped in and I had found my new best friend. Jack was talented, funny and kind, everything I had been searching for.
Jack and I spent hours together after school. He loved bugs, science and music, I loved to listen and learn about it all. We played and ran together, we sang and danced together. Jack was an amazing best friend, I could tell him anything and know it was our secret. At first I was worried, as he was a boy, I'd never had a friend who was a boy before.
Jack and I grew to be inseparable, we enjoyed hanging out together, we understood each other, we watched out for each other.
I've always believed in fate and meeting Jack was just that... FATE.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!