Night Of Terror

I am writing this frantically in my diary at 12:00am on Saturday morning. My mind is racing, trying to remember every little detail to tell you. I am frightened just thinking about what happened last night.
I waited silently, not daring to move, not even to breathe. I crouched behind the door, curling myself up into the smallest shape possible, hoping I would not be found. Outside, the floorboards groaned in protest as the creature stalked ever closer towards me. I swallowed a huge lump in my throat, which was threatening to choke me, I waited. Suddenly, it happened.
The door swung open. I jumped back with a scream. The colossal creature launched itself at me. I turned and tried to run but the monster grabbed my leg. Its long dagger like claws tore through my flesh as it pulled me closer to its black hole of a mouth, lined with needle sharp teeth. Is this the end?
The smell of rotten meat filled my nostrils as I came closer and closer to the hideous beast’s mouth. I kicked and pushed but it wouldn’t let go. It must have had enough of my struggling because it hurtled me across the room. THUD! All my muscles feel like mush. Everything’s a daze. Struggling to my feet, I limp towards the door. But where is the monster?
I reach the door. Looking behind me, I see the glowing red eyes of the monster. Quickly, I opened the door. Half running, half limping, I make my way down the old wooden stairs and across the dead grass into the forest that surrounds the house.
Noises all around gave me the spooks. The witchery of the trees haunting. The faint sound of the monsters footsteps filled the air. BOOM! BOOM! It would be upon me any minute now at the pace I am going. But I knew that the clearing was up ahead.
I ran towards the busy street. Looking behind me, the monster had reached the gap where the old oak trees parted. I gave a deafening scream, the people around me turned to see what was wrong. The monster rose up on its hind legs and gave a horrific bellow in surprise. It turned around and thundered back into the darkness of the forest.
With a sigh of relief, I headed for home. I am never going back there again. But I know that the monster is still out there, waiting for its next victim… it could be you!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!