The Fire!

The Fire!
I feel scared. I hear children screaming. The lights and sirens are flashing I keep having to shout, “Get back!” Trees are falling around me. They are trapping me in. I see the fire creep closer, then I see something; a helpless little koala just lying there. I get out my water bottle and go over to him. He sits up. He holds out his hand. I give him a drink. The water is going down fast. He looks at me with fear and desperation in his eyes, I look back. Suddenly I forget about the fire and nothing else matters; just the koala. I look at him and then I notice his back it is all burnt.
Then I remember the fire! I look behind me; there it is the fire, just behind me. I pick up the koala. He grabs my back like he is saying, “help.” I stand up but the trees have trapped me in. Then it is all over.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!