I Can't Loose Hope

The long hallway looked like it would stretch on forever. I used to play hide and seek down these halls, these halls hold secrets that are meant to be kept, and unfortunately I learnt that the hard way. I always knew I wasn’t normal. Maybe that is why I decided to join; maybe that was why I needed to join. I have been at the Stroughtford Institute for Girls for 2 years. That may seem like a short time, but in a spy’s life, every day is forever.

In the 2 years that I had been at Stroughtford I had learnt things. Things that most people would believe, isn’t possible. I know how to kill a man with only a feather, I know how to lie, cheat and steal. I thought about these things when I walked down the long hallway to where my destiny awaited. I saw the paintings of the past principles to my left, and our founder’s portrait to the right. And for the first time in a long time, I felt scared. I knew about all these skills, I had all these skills yet, what was the purpose? Why am I here? What am I doing? I reached the end of the hall and the large wooden door was directly in front of me. I reached out to touch the metal handle and accept my fate.

The room was massive. The room was dark. The room was empty, just a single chair and a small desk. As an operative I am supposed to think ahead and sense what is going to happen, but no amount of training would have prepared me for what happened next. There was aloud crash through the only window; glass shattered everywhere and bits buried themselves in my arm. The sudden pain shocked me and I screamed, unable to control my voice I yelled for someone to help me. The explosion was so loud I couldn’t see or hear anything. The dust was suffocating me it felt like I was swallowing sand and I fell to the ground. Someone covered my mouth with their hand; their finger nails digging into my skin. Pain coursed through my jaw and I knew then that my life would never be the same.

It has been 5 years since my life changed forever; these five years have been long, hard and unforgiving. The dark cell stunk like rotten meat and the only light source was the dim little, swinging from the ceiling. I refuse to know why he kidnapped me. I have tried to escape many times before and each time I have failed. I am sick and tired of hiding in this dark place! I hate feeling unwanted and discarded… all I want is someone to love me… to take care of me. I tried again to escape last night and my punishment… my punishment is death. I have to try once more, to escape this ghastly prison cell. Tonight would decide my fate, I wouldn’t loose hope. I couldn’t.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!