Fears & Phobias

This morning I woke to a blood-curdling scream. A scream I will never forget. The most horrific scream I have ever heard. It was the sound of an oldish man having a meltdown. I felt my blood running colder, and colder. It was painful to my ears. I felt shivers down my spine. I heard a crash on the back door. Then, for the first time today, I heard silence. You could hear a pin drop in the room. It felt like the whole world was scared stiff. It was almost as if the air was exhausted. So I stopped breathing. It was a feeling no one would ever forget. Suddenly I felt something. I felt stiff. I tried moving my ankles and wrists into the air, but I was too startled. Then the silence ended with a moan. A moan and then a heavy footstep. Then I heard something that stopped the hot tears rushing down my sweaty face.
This is what I heard:
“Audrey, Audrey help!”
Then something clicked. That voice was familiar. I waited and waited until I heard this:
“It’s Dad!”
I rushed to the back door at top speed, knowing if I didn’t get there in time, anything could happen. I saw the flyscreen door and reached out my hand. I opened the door only to find….
A spider. A spider about the size of my pinky nail crawling on dad’s terrified face.
I guess after that experience I felt both ecstatic and furious.
I fell back to sleep…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!