Night Fright

Night Fright

I had just left the Moscow circus and I had a headache, I felt so dizzy and tired. I was walking down the block until I came across a strange house.

I went up to the house and climbed the stairs and pressed the doorbell. The door slowly opened, a old lady came out of no where she looked at me. She went through the wall, I wondered what the HECK just happened. She had left the door unlocked so I let myself in.

CREAK the stairs looked like they were about to snap. I got to the top, but the door slammed. I bolted back down to the door but it was locked.

A map appeared, on it in printed letters were, ‘MAP OF HOUSE’ I picked it up and followed the directions on the map. I found a door with the words ‘Do not enter’ but the directions had told me to go through the door.

I slowly opened the door, I peeked through it and saw a cauldron full of acid. I walked in. ‘Clonk’ I fell to the ground unconscious. I woke up hanging from the roof above the acid.

The rope started to fray. I looked up and saw a skeleton cutting the rope. I remembered I had a torch in my bag, I grabbed the torch and shone it on the skeleton. It blinded it and it fell into the acid. I swung myself over to a ledge and grabbed it.

The rope snapped and I got down safely. I looked at the map and it said there was a secret passage somewhere around here. I found a loose brick, I pulled it out and a door appeared. Feeling relief I went through it.

I walked down into the basement and turned on my torch. All I could see was explosives. I knew I had to blow up this house so I lit it up and I ran out ducking down behind cover. 'BOOM!!'

Fire fighters arrived to put out the fire. After they put it out I walked home.

THE END By Kade Adam

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!