Jack Franklin

There once lived a boy named Jack Franklin.
He really liked motorbikes so he saved up his pocket money. When he eventually got one it was a Kawasaki 180.
Hi rode his bike every day. After he had breakfast one day, he was going to ride his bike, but when he got outside he saw that it was in pieces. He was so sad and so angry because now he couldn’t ride his bike.
He started to look for who had pulled his bike to pieces. He decided to start with mum and dad. Mum had always had motorbikes when she was young and loved building her own. She was a champion racer in her time. It could be her. Dad was building his own rollercoaster, don’t ask me why, but he might have wanted the parts for it.
Firstly he locked his mum in his room to question her.
He sat her down and asked, “Did you do it?”
“No I didn’t pull your motorbike to pieces,” she said.
Jack said, “I didn’t tell you that my motorbike was in pieces.”
Mum sounded a bit nervous, “I heard you say it when you were outside.”
“Oh, OK then, sorry mum,” said Jack.
“That’s ok,” mum replied, leaving the room.
Jack slightly believed his mum but he wasn’t sure because she did sound suspicious.
Jack then locked his dad in his room.
“Hi Jack,” said Dad.
“Hi Dad,” said Jack.
Jack started to question dad. “Did you do it?”
“Do what?” Dad asked.
“Did you break my motorbike of course?” asked Jack.
“Why would I do that, you saved up for months to buy that bike?” replied dad.
“So you could use the parts to build your rollercoaster,” said Jack.
“I don’t need the parts,” said dad, stomping out of the room.
“I’ll be watching,” said Jack.
So then he asked everyone he knew, but everyone sounded suspicious.
Jack knew that people who stole motorbike parts put them for sale on websites sometimes so he decided to look on some sites.
He was searching online when he saw that his mum was selling some motorbike parts. He realised that it was his bike parts she was selling.
“What the…,” said Jack.
He felt so horrible but also sad because now he was now 100% sure that it was his mum who had wrecked his bike.
He decided to call the police because he thought his mum would run and he wanted to make sure he got his bike pieces back.
As the police were arresting mum, Jack asked, “Why did you do it mum?”
She said, “I really wanted to win the mum’s high speed race Jack, you understand don’t you?”
“I understand mum, but I couldn’t let you be a person who steals other people’s bikes. I will come and visit you in jail with your favourite cake,” said Jack.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!