Video Games

In my spare time I like to play video games. I play them because they are fun and it’s a good boredom buster. The games that I play the most are Halo, Driver and Candy Crush. I play these on my Xbox and tablet.
There are lots of different types of consoles that you can play video games on. These include Xbox, Play Station, DS, Wii, and also computers, iPads, tablets and also phones. There are also many genres of video games. Some of these include strategy, puzzle, arcade, racing and fighting. Some all-time classic video games include Mario, Donkey Kong, Tetris, Pinball, Pac man and Solitaire, just to name a few. These are very famous and have been played over 50 million times as more than half of the world’s population play video games.
Video games can be used not only for recreational purposes but also educational purposes. Some schools use computer games to teach things such as maths and spelling in a fun way. Games such as Study Ladder, Reading Eggs and Math letics are played by students at school. Although they may not be actually classified as video games they seem as if they are as students/children have fun trying to beat their own or their friends’ high scores while they are learning new things or practising the things that they have learnt in class.
Video games can also make people money. People who work in the video game business have a great job. When I am older I would like to have a job either making or testing video games. This would be a great job for me as it would be what I enjoy the most and I would really like to get paid for doing the thing I love the most and make video games for other people to enjoy.
These are the reasons why video games are my favourite things.
Thanks for reading

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!