Haunted Thoughts

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

I'm one step in, one step closer to finding the secret of this place. My face turns an unappealing colour of grey. This house of many deaths and unfortunate tales makes my emotions unclear.

Misty voices travel through my mind and they leave me cold. My thoughts are too loud for them, for the people who didn't make it out of here. They know my every move. They must have been waiting for an unexpected visitor to free them.

I try to ignore the voices as they creep into my mind, but they are too strong. I can't fight it for much longer.

I find a twisted flight of stairs where you can tell nothing but lost souls, broken minded, infected people have been here. I feel welcomed to linger up them. My foot meets the wooden step but greets it with a flash of dust. My feet make prints against the flesh of the house.

I'm in a room. The air is black, or so I thought. It's just the spirits, lost souls that were once living. The ceiling is arched with a rusty finish. Voices leak from the photos hanging crooked. I hear words repeating in my mind; 'Leave, you're not safe'.

I turn around as I feel a light cold touch up against my shoulder. The black wooden door behind me slams shut, leaving me confused as the wild air coats my body. My heart is pounding, making a repetitive beat. My eyes fill with water as I really think there isn't a way out...

I find strength within myself to open the door. I see my exit. I'm out. I close the door behind me and the voices stop.

I can think straight.

I will always remember the twisted words that are on replay in my mind.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!