The Violin Boy With Big Opportunity

I took the permission note the teacher brought and I placed it in front of mum. "Mum what is this?" I said. "It's the permission note from school for violin lessons for all year three students." I didn't have much to say because I didn't want to do it but a short time later I needed to get this out, to tell her how I feel about doing violin. I know telling her now would be good but she wouldn't understand and it would only make her angry and she will say "you don't have to like it but you are going to do it because it is a school project."
I thought of it alone forever was worse, I gave up eventually and started learning violin. I didn't like it at all in the beginning especially the first term even when mum reminded me of the violin in the morning I still left it at home. Then when we get to school I tell my mum I forgot it. I thought if I do that I may not do it but there is always spare one so I never won. The year past but I did love it at the end. My mother said when she was young she never liked hospital or nursing but after she did nursing and worked as a nurse and being able to help other people who need her help she loved it but she didn't think in a millions years she was going to do that.
Early this year I asked my mum if I can continue with violin lessons and I did. In the beginning of third term my mum got a call from my violin teacher congratulating me on my selection to play with the Australian World Orchestra! Previous year I didn't like playing violin and now I am going to be playing with AWO it's just like a dream not a reality. Performing on the Sydney Opera House concert platform with the AWO and the Australian Youth Orchestra under the direction of Sir Simon Rattle. I was very happy that my mum accepted me to participated. I couldn’t believe I was given the opportunity to attend the workshop and the concert.
Sometimes we don't have to like something before we do it, we may just try it and see halfway we may like it. This story is really dream to me and I'm going to continue playing violin I don't know how far I'm going to go but I will love to be very good at it. I really love violin now and love my mum more for letting me continue. Life is about chances and this was a very big chance and opportunity to be chosen.
Thank you to anyone who had anything to do with my selection to part of an amazing project, it's an honour to be part of it and to my parents for taking me all the way to Sydney. It's was a unforgettable experience, I will remember for the rest of my life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!