The Dragon God

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

100 years ago dragons ruled the world and destroyed anyone who came close to them. They lost in the Great War and the humans took their world but now they want it back. Only 100 of the dragons survived while 1000 died. They went on a journey lead by, Overdrive their leader. Overdrive is completely red and his tail and wings are made out of scorching hot fire. He has sharp deadly teeth and sharp deadly claws. When Overdrive gets mad he gets more power and starts to glow. Overdrive can grow bigger than the sun and when he grows he gains more power.
The dragons first arrived on Greenland and fought until no human stood. The same happened to Iceland and North America. Then they flew to South America and blasted them to smouldering ashes. This happened again to Africa and all the other countries except Asia. They always got defeated by Asia so they had to make a plan. They snuck up on Asia and attacked but the humans knew they would come. There was lots of smoke but only one dragon was standing. It was Overdrive. The humans kept on shooting Overdrive but he didn’t give up.
Suddenly, a yellow light appeared from nowhere. It flew into Overdrive’s stomach. Then he felt totally strong and then he blasted everyone into the water. All the other dragons cheered “HOORAY” and then one of the dragons said “bow down to the new dragon god." Overdrive was very proud of himself, the new dragon god.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!