Santa's Revenge

It was Christmas Eve … I was excited … my heart was beating so fast … I tried to go to sleep but I just couldn’t! The adrenaline was pumping through my veins. I shut my eyes and heard a small sound that touched my ear … he’s here, SANTA!
I woke to see my brother’s teary eyes.
“Where are our presents?” my brother, Cruz, moaned.
“Presents?” I replied. “What do you mean ‘presents’?” I sped into our lounge room. I screwed my face up and ran outside … What the …?
The whole city looked like a giant dome of fire. The skies were red and the entire city was orange.
I was a member of the Australian Air Force, about to get my flying licence, so I drove to the local airport. I saw my fighter jet sitting in a hanger. I geared up and was in the air. I saw Santa and nearly collapsed … but, what was on the other side …?
The U.S. and Australian forces were fighting against the so-called ‘Amazing Santa’ … but it wasn’t the real Santa! This Santa was a bad guy! Sneakily, I flew down into Santa’s territory. I landed my plane and snuck around to Santa’s position.
“FlyBird21, I repeat, FlyBird21!” Captain Price exclaimed. “What is your current location?”
“I am at the corner of Soap and Roach Streets,” I replied. I placed a ‘mute charge’ but its signal got jammed. I was went and hid in Rebel Sport then got a terrific idea …
Firstly, I set up some rugby balls on the ground. I was planning on kicking the rugby balls into the windows and cars, particularly the cars, to create a distraction. I kicked and kicked but DID NOT hit a single window! Then, somehow, on the kick of the last ball, I hit one of Santa’s Evil Elves! I quickly hid, surprised at my own devastating kicking skills.
As soon as I thought it was safe, I got up and left, heading down a nearby alleyway. I jumped into the drains and ran to the position of the Allied forces. On the way I bumped into someone …
“Captain Price? What are you doing here?” I asked.
“Well, I was heading towards Soap Street but then I saw you,” he replied. We started running to the Army’s position.
“This place is like a maze!” I exclaimed. I overheard Santa and his Evil Elves. I climbed up a ladder leading to the streets and ended up beneath Santa’s sleigh. I looked left and then right, and then UP … I saw a trapdoor beneath the sleigh, but, when I opened the door ... it was the real Santa! I had so many questions to ask: Why? How? Was this all a kidnapping? Or revenge? Or was this just a coincidence?
The real Santa explained everything then gave me a toy car. I wrapped it in newspaper and wrote on it ‘Cruz’.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!