Rainbow Road

Young Elouise Egtona was faintly asleep until a beaming light fell through her window. Her temptation to go out was so strong. Her heart pounded for adventure. She took her coat and opened the eerie door. Under an old willow tree stood the end of a rainbow.
Elouise simply adored fun and excitement and her brain longed to climb up the mystical rainbow so she edged towards it with a feeling of delight. The nervous feeling was too small to overcome her so she climbed up. But what Elouise didn't know was the world beyond the rainbow was an adventurous myth. As she climbed, below her was a giant fish rodeo, then she turned her head to the right and saw a humungous tortoise with a tiny elephant on it's back and when she turned her head to her left a flying squirrel zoomed past.
This was a new Dimension!
Was this really the place she wanted to be? Was this place better than home? Elouise knew the answer and it was NO! Elouise started to edge the rainbow and two hours later she was still coming down. It was never ending. She couldn't live up here forever! Would she survive without food, water and love? Without sleep and rest? She'd have to because this was a never-ending rainbow road.
Then she heard a cry of glee. "Someone's gonna' make my day! Solve a riddle then you're up and away!" cried a Leprechaun.
"What's your riddle?" asked Elouise Egtona.
"Roses are red, violets are blue, guess the next line there's a wish for you," answered the leprechaun.
"Oh, anything rhymes with blue; shoe, loo, do, new, knew, moo,"
Ideas were racing through Elouise's head like cars until one word caught her...
"Roses are red, Violets are blue, smell the flowers, ACHOO!?"
The Leprechaun laughed, "Oh, my dear no!"
There was an awkward silence throughout the land then Elouise cried, "Roses are red violets are blue, sugar is sweet and so are you!?"
"All right away you go," replied the Leprechaun.
Elouise was back home in a flash, she was happy to be home in bed with her warm blankets and now she knew that adventuring at night was a bad idea!
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!