The 8:00 Scare

“Alright guys I’m off to the petrol station. I’ll be about an hour. I have to go to the Far-tree petrol station”, said Dad.
”Yes Dad”, Mike and Penny said at once.
“So Penny what do you want to do? We can do whatever we want”, said Mike with excitement.
“Umm” Penny said in a puzzled voice.
Suddenly they both heard a crash at the door.
“What was that? “Penny jumped with fear.
They heard a man’s voice saying “Let’s go see if there is anyone to murder in that house.”
“What was that? Who was that?” said Mike.
“Let’s go down stairs” said Penny.
The brother and sister crept down stairs quietly to hear the men again.
When they finally got down stairs the light bulb goes out. And they can still hear the men shouting from outside
“Mike and Penny come out and open the door!”
But this time it sounded more like their father’s voice, so they went upstairs, still listening for any other voices. But all they could hear was their father’s voice.
They opened the door; it was their Dad.
“Dad what are those voices?” said Mike.
“It’s the television, a horror movie has come on”.
“Oh” said Penny.
“That’s a relief” said Mike, “We thought there were people outside.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!