Mind Of Its Own

“Argh! Not again you little brat!” shouted Bill the fruit shop owner to a small, l bony boy who had just stolen an apple. The boy’s name was Baba, a small, unloved little boy. His house was a little hut made out of scrap building parts just a few out of town into the desert. Minutes later when he arrived, Baba gobbled down the juicy apple. When he’d eaten the apple to the core he threw it into the fire that he had going then he fell right onto the uncomfortable ground and in no time at all he was sleeping like a grizzly bear in winter time.
Suddenly, in the middle of the night Baba woke up when the flames of the fire lit bright red. Baba looked into the fire and saw the glowing apple core. Baba got closer and closer to the fire he wasn’t getting warmer. Shortly after, he was about ten centimetres away from the core. Seconds later, he had it in his hand right at that moment the flames shortened and the fire heated up again. He pulled his hand out of the fire at lightning speed! By doing so, he dropped the apple core. Little after he picked it back up. In no time at all, he was in the weirdest place he had ever been. There were dancing chicken wings, fling stack, candy trees, gingerbread houses and lemonade with Coca Cola waterfall. In the distance, there are lollipop people. Baba ran up to a chicken and grabbed a huge chunk of meat of one. Next, he ran up to the lemonade with Coca Cola waterfall. After drinking one litter of lemonade and Coca Cola he was very tired so at the thought of sleeping in a bed of bean bags and feathers, Baba fell right into one. Every time he thought of something, it would happen. Day after day, the boy grew bigger and stronger.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!