Magical

As I walked along, the sand crunched through my toes and the water swished along the mystical place I call home. I step in footprints made by someone else, who knows who could have walked in the exact spot I’m walking on now. The sun is just starting to rise over the cove, animals are starting to awaken. Some days I wish I was a bird to soar high and see the cove from a different view.
Today my mum said she would take me out diving around one edge of the reef where she first learnt to dive. I have never been diving in deep water before, only ever played in the shallows. I wonder what it will look like. Will it be as magical under the water as it looks from the land? I’ll just have to find out soon. The morning was warm and mum was sitting on the veranda when I got back.
She said, “After we finish breakfast, I need your help to get the boat out if you still want to go diving,” She smiled.
“I do,” I replied.
We put the tinny in the water and hopped straight in. Mum started the motor, “brum brum b, b, b, b” it burbled.
In no time, we were sliding across the water, full speed. Then suddenly with no warning, we came to a halting stop.
“We are here,” she said, a massive smile across her face. “Now stay close by.”
We went over the side. It was like a whole other world that I could explore and see new things. I was following my mum when I saw a dark figure moving towards me, my heart was pounding. The shape moved out of the darkness, it was just a dolphin coming to look at us.
As my mum started pointing her finger to the edge, I wondered what she was pointing at, but once I got closer, I could see there was a cave she was leading me into. I thought under water caves would be black and murky, but it was so beautiful. Then she led me to the top, it wasn’t just any cave, it was a secret spot that had been found and looked after by my ancestors.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!