Olivia's Adventure To Paradise

“Mum! Mum!” Olivia yelled through their small, slightly shabby house. Olivia really wanted to go for a walk, as she hadn’t done so for ages. “Yes, dear?” said Mum. Her mother had come sweeping into the room. As Olivia explained what she planned to do, her mother was half-heartedly listening, smoothing out all the creases on Olivia’s bed. “All right, sweetheart, you can go. But don’t forget some food!” her mother yelled after her. Olivia quickly organised a sandwich and sped out the door. No sooner than she had got to the forest, she spotted the most beautiful oak tree, towering above her. It was amazing, and, as Olivia touched it, she felt the strangest sensation.
Thump! Olivia gently landed on the grass, feeling amazed. What had just happened? Where was she? Olivia’s mind buzzed with questions. Suddenly, she saw an astonishing sight. A deer wearing a silver and gold saddle and bridle had come trotting into the clearing. “Jump on my back, I will lead you to safety.” As Olivia hopped on to the saddle and clutched the reins, the deer flew. It was a sensation Olivia would never forget. It was wonderful, sensational! And then, the deer dived down and Olivia almost fell off in shock.
In front of her, there was a castle. A real live castle! Then, a lady came out of it, wearing grand robes. Olivia curtsied, wanting to give the lady a good impression. “Hello. I am Queen Chelsea, ruler of this land, Paradise. Follow me, we have been expecting you.” This part surprised Olivia, but she still politely followed. Down steps, along corridors, and at last they stopped and Olivia gasped. There, right there, was a four-poster bed, bearing her very own name. “Is this mine?” she asked, her voice quavering. “Yes,” replied Queen Chelsea. “All yours.” Olivia sat down, slightly exhausted. But then, she remembered something. “But my lady, I’ll be homesick.” “Oh, that’s all right. Isabelle here,” she gestured towards the deer, “will be happy to escort you here whenever you wish.”
It was a week later, and Olivia had finished a diary entry about her adventure. Her mother said she just had an “unbelievably vivid imagination.” Olivia, of course, didn’t believe a word her mother said. She still ventured to and fro from Paradise and now Isabelle, the deer, was hers, a present from Queen Chelsea. She had such a wonderful life now, always full of adventure.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!