That Moment

“As I stood behind that red velvet curtain back stage I began pacing back and forth while anxiously biting my nails I thought of how many times I had envisioned this very moment. No more did I know that this “moment” would be an open door into freedom not only for myself but for thousands of other people around the world.
As I neared the curtain I felt an electric buzz go through my toes and all the way up into my head
I told myself “this is it I'm going to go it”
As I stepped forward into the bright light I adjusted my eyes
No knowing what to expect I took the chance and started.
I still remember that time when my older sister rushed in our sitting room with a torn up letter addressed to me. It was a letter of invite to be a scheduled guest speaker at one of the best international stadiums of the year. And before I knew it, Dad had packed up the car and we were on a one way ticket to Melbourne. I couldn't believe it “I Anastasia Morbing the 15 year old shy school sit in the back of the class sort of girl was going to speak in front of a live audience and make a difference.” At that moment I felt like yelling “Look at me now” to all those who ever doubted me or put me down. That was one of my many special “moments” I had the pleasure of experiencing during my lifetime. That could be your moment, your opportunity, your difference, your impact. Your life story is what you represent to the world it’s your example of how you define yourself. It’s your choice on how you live it, so I urge you to be ready and be pumped because who knows when your moment may come.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!