SAM'S BIG DREAM

Sam is tired, he is getting into his pyjamas ready for bed. He snuggles under his blanket. Sam says, “Good night Dad, good night mum.” That night nothing could stop him dreaming about buying a rocket. He dreamt about getting a rocket.
Sam happily springs out of his bed and eats three eggs as fast as a deer can run. Suddenly he remembers that he has got his cricket grand final. Sam sprints upstairs and gets ready for cricket. His mum drives him to cricket and the game begins!
The other team is winning and Sam’s teammate called Charlie gets a run and the umpire calls, “Lunch time.” Suddenly a siren goes, and every-one gets a big fright.
Now all the people are peering over the fence and watching the game. Ten minutes had passed then when Sarah (Sam’s mum) stared at the score board. She was so surprised the other team was ahead by lots!
In that twenty minutes, the other team got no runs but luckily Sam’s team got seven runs in twenty minutes and passed the other teams score. “Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww.” Sam’s team won! “Wow I didn’t know they were so good!” yelled a boy from the other team.
The coach said they are an extraordinary team. As a prize, they each got 50 dollars each. They were so surprised. Sam went home so excited because that meant he could buy a rocket. But when Sam got home, Sarah asked “What are you going to do with your money?”
“I’m going to buy a rocket!”
“Why don’t you buy a toy?” asked Sam’s mum.
“Rockets are cooler.”
“No, a toy is better” and they kept arguing.
Finally Sam decided to buy a rocket so they went and brought a rocket.
He zoomed off to the moon with his dad and on the moon he found a moon rock. That night he shared his amazing adventure with his family.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!