A Catty Problem That's Not So Cattish

Athena lay lazily at her normal spot. She was always very proud of herself, because of her look. Except that all she did was to eat, sleep, sun-bake and daydream. Athena had white fur with a mixture of brown and hazel, which makes her look like a fluffy slice of white and milk chocolate with caramel swirls. She was very pretty.
Athena always daydreamed about becoming a CSI (Cat Society of Investigation.) But she knew it wouldn’t happen until a mysterious cat came…
One sunny day, Athena was sun-baking like she always does, then she heard a soft meow. It was another cat. The cat jumped down gracefully, next to Athena.
“Greetings and you must be Athena?” she asked politely. Athena didn’t reply. Her eyes were glued to the cat’s badge, a CSI badge!
“Now Athena,” the cat continued, “My name is Amelia, my boss would like to meet you!” Amelia had fur in a shade of blueish grey ; she must be a Russian Blue. “And we need to go now, please!” Amelia added. “Um, okay, let’s go!” said Athena uncertainly.
The two cats went through a secret route to the CSI. “We are nearly there!” Amelia said after a while. Athena could see a turquoise light shining in front of them. “Welcome to the CSI headquarters!” Amelia announced excitedly.
Athena stared at a giant hallway made out of crystal. She didn’t even blink in case she misses anything! The cats were sliding in stand of walking! “We always slide on the floor to get around because boss said it was faster!” Amelia explained as they slide through the hallway. “This way to the boss’s office” she added as they went through an amethyst tunnel.
Amelia knocked patiently on the door. But no one answered. Amelia carefully opened the door. The boss wasn’t there. There was no one in the room, but something caught their eyes, a bit of white hair and an open letter on the table. Amelia and Athena looked at the letter, it said,
Dear Lola,
Sorry for the late inform, but I need you to meet me at Misery Mountain at this midnight. I know you hate the dark. But some other cats and I need to have a serious talk to you.
Sincerity Adam
Then Amelia said immediately, “Uh oh, this isn’t good! We must go and find boss!” Athena didn’t reply. All she wanted was the badge.
But before Athena knew what she was doing, she followed Amelia to find the boss. The two cats walked for hours until they saw a huge sign with MM written on it. In the background was a dark group of mountains. Then a white cat came running out, “I quit!” she shouted. On her way she dropped a shiny badge with CSI on it. “Keep this” Amelia put the badge on Athena. Then the two cats headed back, on the way back Athena jumped over the moon with joy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!