Bang!

BANG!

It was a quiet, subtle night. Everyone was asleep but me. I sat in my bed hoping I would fall asleep, when all of a sudden, a LOUD bang struck! I frantically scrambled around my room trying to think what the noise was. I started to get worried that I might be in the middle of a home invasion. I went for my phone to call the police when I realised it was dead.
I started to think, “Is my life over? I’m going to die!”
I stopped thinking of all the negative thoughts, so I set my mind on the target, Find out what this noise was!
I jumped out of bed and started to get prepared to go out there in the dangerous wilderness. I grabbed the baseball bat I had under my bed in case of an emergency and made my way out of my room.
I walked out very slowly. I only took one step out of my room and I was dreaded with the cold tiles! I quietly crept over to the lounge room. I searched around for clues. After finding no evidence that something had happened or had been stolen in the lounge room. I moved onto the next room. I checked the bathroom, laundry, kitchen and the conservatory. After checking those rooms and found nothing wrong I came across my sister’s room and my parent’s room. I thought if I should go in, but I had no choice because I needed to find the cause of the loud noise. I carefully but quickly, opened the door and stepped inside. When I walked in, I wondered “Why and how is she still asleep! did she not here the noise!” I searched around and find… nothing! I walked out and closed the door behind me. I quickly raced down the hallway because I assumed that the noise was coming from my parent’s room. I opened the door and… NOTHING! I thought “HOW ARE YOU NOT AWAKE!” I searched everywhere. In the wardrobes, in the ensuite, under the bed and in the dresser’s and still found no evidence. I still couldn’t find any cause of the loud, crashing noise. The last place there was to check where I didn’t look was the backyard and the shed. I walked over to the back door and opened the old, squeaky piece of glass. I slowly, but noiselessly paced outside. I searched around the newly cut lawn. I paced around the yard and find nothing that would make such a noise. Finally the last spot I had to check was the shed. I let myself into the big, metal structure. I turned on the lights and searched around. After hoping to find a clue after all of this drama, I made my way back to my room to go back to sleep. I walked to my room when I found my big sister standing next to my bedroom door hitting the wall for no reason!
The End!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!