OH NO RATS

It was 7pm and Lizzy was at her friend’s house looking after her friend Lucy’s pets. A little black cat and a little brown dog. They meant so much to her friend that if something happened to them she would be very sad.
Lizzy is playing with her baby brother Max while her mum is preparing food for the cat. The food is ready, so she calls the cat! She puts the food on the floor but the cat doesn’t come. She asks Lizzy if she knows where the cat is because she isn’t coming. Lizzy looks for the cat, while her mum prepares food for the dog. She calls the dog but the dog doesn’t come either. Lizzy doesn’t know where the cat or the dog is. She asks her dad if he knows where the cat and dog are but he doesn’t know.
They all start looking for them. They look on the first floor, then the second and then the third. They can’t find them “What are we going to do? It’s 12pm and Lucy is almost here. We only have an hour to find them!” says Lizzy. Just then, Lizzy’s dad says, “Everyone look! Max just made his first steps.” “Hurry up and get the camera,” says mum.
“Oh look, is he leading us to the cat and maybe the dog is there too?” says Lizzy. “Oh let’s hope so,” says mum.
“THE DOG HAS A RAT IN ITS MOUTH!” says dad.
“THE CAT HAS A RAT IN ITS MOUTH!” says Lizzy.
A car pulls up in the garage and Lucy enters the backyard and is so excited to see her pets. “AAAAA! THEY HAVE A RAT IN THEIR MOUTH!” screams Lucy. “Don’t worry, it’s only a chewing toy,” says Lizzy’s dad.
Everyone starts laughing and they go inside where they celebrate Max’s first steps.
At least they think the RATS are chewing toys. Maybe not for long…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!