The Tale Of The Homeless Baby Ants


Hello, my name is… I can`t have a real name, because I live in an ant colony. I`m number 257.
I`m a worker ant. If we use names, we will never be free.

After 2 days of being here, we will be set free if we spell, ‘antidisestablishmentarianism’. I`ve already learned the word, I just need to wait one more day to say it to the Queen.

But suddenly, I felt a human-sized drop of water fall on me!!! Luckily, I got out! Oh great, wait…a…a FLOOD!!!!

"Quick! Warn the colony! I will get the babies!!" I screamed.

But it was too late. Then, Super-ant rushed in, and saved the babies! Um, okay. That was very, very random!

I rubbed my eyes. I was confused. Very confused. I thought I was dreaming. But then I remembered that I`m not allowed to sleep!

Is it possible this is from the ‘Legend Book’ that I read?!

I am inside it?!

And… I’m…alive?

But then, I became Super-ant!

I suddenly learned how to fly!

After hours and hours of looking for a new home, I felt tired.

I thought, “I’m Super-ant, I can’t be tired.” Then, (in a Jamaican accent) I said, “My babies are so heavy!”

Even though they weren`t my babies, I felt like they were mine.

After searching, I finally found a nest! I started to walk in…but then a bull-ant leapt from his hiding spot! He growled, “Get away from my nest! Grrr!”

I said (in a Jamaican accent), “I just need a place to rest. My babies are so heavy!”

He growled again, and I said, “Okay. I will go now.”

But after about four tries of finding a new home, they were all bull-ants’ nests!

Then I found a new ant nest. This one was different to all the others.

This one was made out of…out of candy?

Another bull-ant came to greet me. It was the King of Candy!

“Can I come in? My babies are so heavy!” I said, in a Jamaican accent.

He said, “You have to pass the test.”

And I said, “What Test?”

And then he said, “Follow me…if you dare.”

I followed him to cliff. He said, “If I push you off the cliff, and you get back up alive, then you have passed.”

I said, “Okay. I will…for my babies.”

He pushed me down. It was a never-ending cliff!

I tried to fly, but the pressure of the wind stopped me from flying!

I grabbed onto a branch, but then an eagle came to greet me. It attacked me. It swooped and swooped…but it didn’t get me!

I flew up to the surface alive, and said, “I passed the test!”

The King`s mouth dropped open.

Suddenly, a parade was thrown! A golden pillow with a crown on it was given to me, and I was the King of Candy! I love candy!
The End!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!