Margaret's Story

Margaret’s story

I was running as fast as I could trying not to spill their supper. I was on my way to the old shed with a plate full of cold spaghetti for the young orphan Jews.

I was going to help Mother feed the orphans. I was running back and forth in the pitch dark as quietly as I could to get more spaghetti. They were so starving they were starting to eat the grass and straw off the ground.

I heard my rooster crow as I opened my droopy eyes, I slowly sat up and realised I was in the old shed covered behind a bunch of hay and sticks, but I was by myself. I wondered if the Jews covered me up because I sure know that I didn’t cover myself up. I wondered where the orphans were. I ran inside, I yelled Mother, Father no one answered so I ran into their bedroom no one was there just a massive wet puddle of red I screamed so loud MOTHER, FATHER.

I quickly got dressed and had a little bit of cold spaghetti off the ground in the shed cause that was all I could find. I roughly did my hair and headed down the street to find my parents and the Jews.

As I went down the street I got a real nervous feeling...... What if my parents or a Jew was hanging dead on the gallows or even about to be hung?



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!