Dark Shadows

My life is damp. One foggy morning, dark grey clouds are falling down. My family and I walk out the door to see that we could not see each other. I tried to find my fading family though the misty fog.
Suddenly a deep dark shadow came towards me. I waited to see who it was before I screamed.
I backed up onto a wall trying to get away but it’s still coming closer and closer. Why me. I tried to scream but I had to run. I didn’t know where to go. I headed towards the back shed that is next to the grey, rusty fence that I didn’t like very much.
I opened the door, it squeaked so loud, my ear drums nearly burst. I grabbed the rack and then shut the door behind me. The fog was getting thicker and thicker, I couldn’t see anything at all. I turned around and the dark shadow was following me but whatever it was, it was still coming for me.
I desperately tried to get back to my house, but I just couldn’t see where I was going then I could hear a voice floating past my ear. It was saying, “I can see you, I’m over here, I won’t hurt you,” over and over again. I thought it was a girl but then it said, “I’m right next you.”
I found the door to my house and quickly ran in and then locked every door and window. Then the windows shattered into little pieces then the fog started flooding in. The fog surrounded me. I was panicking and panicking then I fainted.
When I woke, the room was all clear and I felt fine and Ok. I thought that I was dreaming but I remembered all of it, like it just happened.
I went out the door and there was no sign of the fog at all. Then I went to go have breakfast but there was no food in the cupboard then I thought that this wasn’t my house.
I walk out the door and went to see if I was in my own house, and I was in my house. I went back inside.
After nightfall, I had this feeling, a tingly feeling, and a weird feeling. The fog started to surround me. I started to sweat and get really scared. I shut my eyes and kept saying to myself, “It’s only a dream.”
I fell into a deep sleep and memories were flooding back, like a steaming river, over flowing into a deep dark forest, it felt like a nightmare tearing me into little pieces. Then I woke up in fear and the fog was in my house.
The dark shadow was coming to me again. Why me?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!