GANG WAR

As the sun began to hide behind the downtown school of St Luke, two gangs slithered towards each- other.
“This is our territory, get out of here you losers!” boasted the leader of the Purple Punchers,
Rodney.
“What are you talking about?” replied the Red Racoon gang leader, Jack.
The two gangs hated each other. It all started in the sand pit when Rodney put sand down Jack’s back and as revenge, he put sand in Rodney’s brand new shoes.
“This calls for one thing and one thing only... gun fight!” Rodney mimicked in a very western accent “Bring it on!” Jack replied trying his hardest to sound tough.
“We’ll meet back here in half an hour just so we can load up on ammo,” sneered Rodney.
“Alright see you then,” agreed Jack. “You’re going down loser,” Jack tested Rodney’s temper. “Loser?” Rodney whispered to himself.
Half an hour later the entire gangs came back from gathering weapons and ammunition. As both gangs were back to back, one of the Red Racoons started to yell.
“One,” both groups stepped forward.
“Two,” as they stepped again some became edgy and some stayed strong.
“Three,”
This was all of a sudden a show down like in a cowboy movie, ‘Sheriff Racoon versus Outlaw Purple’ (or the other way around).
“Draw!” They all yelled at each other as a threat and started to fire. Rodney was in the back throwing water balloons at the enemy while Jack was shooting his way through the horde of children trying to get to his arch nemesis. Balloon after balloon, shot after shot. The fight had gone on for an hour to try and win the school as territory.
“That’s it!” “Retreat!” shouted Rodney at the top of his lungs, while drenched in water. As he and his bedraggled and distraught Purple Punchers ran to their safe havens as fast as a group of eight year olds could, while Jack and his Racoons continued to fire at the retreating enemy. As the enemy escaped from the fight, Jack turned towards his ‘men’ and started to yell.
“Men you have all done well. This is our territory now and we’re never leaving!”
Jack was now speaking like a general after winning a battle. All at once, the Red Racoons started to cheer and clap for their leader.
“Woooo!”
“Yes!”
“Yeah!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!