Jake's Farm

On a very stormy day, Jake ran across his farm to get his horse that was in a very huge paddock. He grabbed the halter from the tack shed and sprinted to the paddock gate. He opened the gate and started to look for his horse. Jake was cold and wet and he wanted to snuggle on his couch near the fire but he kept looking.
He found his horse under the big gum tree. He put the halter on and walked to the gate. Jake opened the gate and walked to the stable with his horse. When Jake got to the stable he put his horse in the stable and got some hay from the hay shed. Then he locked the shed that his stable is in and sprinted to his house. When Jake got to his house, he straight away went to have a very hot shower.
After his shower he went to the couch near the fire and fell asleep. In the morning Jake woke up and walked to the shed to get a biscuit of hay and went to the stable. He fed his horse the biscuit of hay. Then Jake’s Dad yelled from the machinery shed asking him if he could bring the sheep in from the paddock. Jake loved rounding up the sheep so he ran to the shed to get his motorbike. He turned on his motorbike and sped off to bring in the sheep. When Jake arrived at the paddock gate, he opened it and found the sheep grazing in a patch of very long grass. He revved the engine of his motorbike and the sheep started walking to where Jake was leading them. When he got to the gate he opened it and led them to where the small yard which then led to the big enclosed shed. After that, Jake put his motorbike in the shed. Then he looked for his Dad. He found his Dad in the shed, filling the harvester’s tank. Jake asked his Dad “When are you harvesting?”
Jakes Dad replied, “I hope tonight.” Then Jake went to his house to make lunch. After lunch Jake went to ask his Dad if he could go harvesting the wheat with him. Jake’s Dad replied, “Sure.” Then it was time to harvest the wheat. So Jake and his Dad got into the harvester and drove off to the paddock. When they got to the paddock Jake’s Dad turned on the blades and started to harvest the wheat crop. This was the best feeling for Jake as he loved watching his crop grow and now he got to be a part of harvesting it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!