Camp

6:30am, that’s the ridiculous time we had to meet at the train station to leave on our year six camp to Berry. 27 kids travelling on the train with
two teachers, doesn’t sound too crazy right? Well, you don’t know our class.
At first, Mrs Benson and Mr Marks tried to get everyone to be quiet, but when all the members of the public changed carriages because we were just
too noisy, I think they gave up. There were some kids throwing paper planes around and others screaming to each other down the length of the carriage.
Changing trains was an absolute nightmare. We almost missed the stop because the teachers couldn’t get us to the doors in-time. Josh was asleep and no-one bothered to wake him up, until the teachers counted and figured out that 26 was supposed to be 27. At least only one kid, was almost left behind this time!
When we got to Berry Sport and Recreation Camp, the teachers told us to split into two equal teams, but our class clearly doesn’t know the definition of EQUAL. I mean 22 and 5 isn’t equal.
Our first activity was canoeing. Our class and water are not a good pairing. Mathew decided it would be funny to jump out of his canoe and tip one of the
girl’s canoes over, but he accidently tipped the teacher’s canoe. At least only one kid was sent home. Then we went rock-climbing. Letting the kids belay each other was a terrible idea. At least only Roger fell and broke his leg.
For dinner there was plastic lasagne, frozen salad and soggy chips. Everyone was complaining about the atrocious meal, which soon escalated into an all-out food fight. At least only three kids got food poisoning.
After dinner, we went back to our cabins. Aria stole Darcy’s shoe and ran outside with it. In her attempt to return the shoe to it's owner, completely
ignoring the laws of physics, she drop-kicked the shoe. It flew high over the cabin and landed on the roof. At least the teachers laughed.
For breakfast the next day, there was stale cereal, runny eggs, rock-hard bacon and scorched toast.
Our first activity on day two was the giant swing, but only six people got a go because one of the kids fainted. At least only one ambulance was needed
this trip.
Next we were scheduled to do archery, but our teachers didn’t think it would be wise to let our class near anything sharp. At least the teachers remember what happened that time we did craft.
The next day, on the train home, Mrs Benson asked if we had all our belongings. Ben put his hand up and said he forgot his luggage. I mean a hat yes, but your entire luggage, really? At least this time he knew where he left it.
That was the end of our camp. At least it was less chaotic than a normal week at school.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!