Magic

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

“Look, customers!” shouted my sister, Misty. I was about to get closer but my best friend Ginger stopped me. “Stay back Magic, remember what happened to Princess?” I stepped back. I thought about my mother. A customer smashed the window and took her. She escaped but landed in the middle of the road while a person was driving a car. The person wasn’t able to stop in time meaning that she had passed away, was gone, forever! A boy’s voice interrupted my thoughts, he stared at me.
“Please don’t pick me, please don’t pick me,” I said to myself. I guess he read my mind because he looked away from me and at my brother, Jack. “This one,” I heard him say to his friends. “I’m gonna adopt this one!” My father woke up. “Good morning, “said Ginger. He ignored him. “Stay safe Jack,” he said. Jack just nodded as he was carried out of the cage. “He’ll be safe,” Ginger said to me. “It’s not that,” I told him, “we used to be a full family, Red and Princess, my parents, Jack, my brother, Misty, my sister and you, the kitten without a home, my best friend, but slowly our family is falling apart.” “I understand,” he said. “Be quiet, you don’t want to scare them,” said a little girl. “Poor things, trapped in this cage, I wish I could adopt all of you, but I am only allowed to adopt two of you, by the way my name is Lila,” Lila spoke calmly. Her soft voice made me feel relaxed. “Can I adopt these two kittens?” Lila asked. I realised she was pointing at me and Ginger. I smiled, I was glad I was going to be adopted by her, but I would miss my family.
“This is my mother, she’ll take you for now,” Lila said to Ginger. “I’ll take you, Magic.” Lila carried me to her car. Ginger was put in the back with me. Lila bought McDonalds and gave me a chip, it was delicious. I ate half and Ginger ate the other half. I was tired, so was Ginger. We lied next to Lila and fell asleep.
I woke up, where was I? Oh, yeah, I was asleep, Lila must have put me to bed. I walked around the house and looked for Ginger. I gave him a playful nudge then looked around the house. It was massive compared to the little box I was in at the pet shop! It had a couch, a television, radio, soft carpet, a MASSIVE dining table, four bowls for Ginger and I, a stove, and lots more of the house to explore! I couldn’t wait to have some adventures with Lila!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!