WATCHES ACROSS TIME

"But mum, seriously I need a new watch. Oh, and it has to be blue or white. No other colours! Not one person in the entire school is allowed to have the same watch as me! Okay?” Ali and her mum Jasmine wondered around the town’s special, unique shopping centre. “Ali why don’t you go look for a watch yourself?” Jasmine suggested. Ali marched through many aisles, some not even containing those useful things. She somehow ended up in the men’s underwear aisle! “Ahhh! If only mum did this job, god knows where on earth I could be right now!” she complained. “Okay watches! Oh, there you are!” she whispered. “0MG! AHA! Yesss! That is the one! Everyone clear out, if anyone touches that watch, who knows what is going to happen to that person?” Ali bolted up to the large, white desk presenting many varieties of glamorous, sparkly watches. “Yesss! I am so taking that one!” Ali assumed. She reached her left arm out to grab onto the flawless jewel and suddenly... She disappeared.
Ali gradually opened her crystal, blue eyes. She then saw someone she knew she had met before. “Jessica? Is that you?” Ali questioned. “Ali? Is that YOU? OMG! It’s you! What are you doing here?” Jessica Able contested. “My question first... Where am I?” Ali asked. Jessica’s hand linked hands with Ali’s and they begin walking towards a large blue and orange building. “This is my house,” Jessica said simply. “What? I thought you lived in a shed!” joked Ali. Jessica gave her a sour look. “Ali, you are in the FUTURE!” Jessica responded passionately. “What are you talking about? How can I be in the future?” Ali questioned. “I don’t know actually. The only way to get out of the future is to touch the last object you touched.” Jessica remembered. “The watch!” Ali jumped. Ali reached into her pocket and pulled out the watch. “Jessica!! Good bye! Thank you!” Ali yelled. Jessica was left standing by the blue and orange house. “Ali, I have been looking everywhere for you! Where have you been?” Jasmine screeched. “Mum, I have been... Somewhere you may like but I am not taking you there, because you will find out in THE FUTURE!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!