Charlie The Crocodile

Excellence Award in the 'Beyond Words 2015' competition

One ordinary day, Charlie the Croc was as lonely as a Wallaby on a plain desert. Charlie was an orphan, a scared orphan that had no friends to play with, or Mum or Dad. He lived in Darwin and always caught up for a feed. When he was lonely, he would kick a ball or go for a swim. But one day he made up his mind and packed his bags to find something that meant a lot to him, his Mum and Dad. So he set off traveling over 100 KMPH. He was determined to get his Mum and Dad back. Oh, and did I tell you that his Mum and Dads' name was John and Christy. Back to the story: He was just at the top of Cape York when he found another Croc called Caleb. "Hi my name is Charlie." "Hi my name is Caleb.” “Do you want to come on my adventure?" Charlie asked. “Yeah sure" said Caleb. So they set off again to travel until they found Mum and dad. A storm rolled in and they took shelter and found a stream taking them up to Cooktown, and they found two crocs in a Retirement home. “Are you my parents?" asked Charlie. "What's your name son?" asked the retired Croc. "Charlie" replied Charlie. "That's my son" said John and hugged him, "last time I saw you, you were young.” “Who's this?" Christy asked. Charlie answered, "My friend that I met coming here."
"Great you made some friends." And they lived happily ever after in their Crocodile world. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!