Killing A Stereotype

When a line is said that hurts its victim, a line that makes one grimace and hide. When it labels a person, catches them in a gilded cage of lies and hurt; a stereotype is born.
The life of a stereotype is one of punishment and bullying, a life no word should ever have to live. A stereotype will roam the earth in search of a non-suspecting human to place itself on. Like a name badge it sticks to the clothes they wear, their hair and even their very language. There is not much that person can do, once the stereotype is fully immersed in their personality.
It becomes the reason to point fingers, an excuse to call people names or not even talk to them at all. Others will look at a person with a stereotype differently, not seeing who they are but what they are. A stereotype can dehumanize a human, can make the beautiful appear ugly and make confidence fade.
It can spread like a plague and infect others, until suddenly there are more people with the same name badge. Suddenly everyone is placed into a category rather than left in a glorious unique mess.
A stereotype can harm, it can rarely do any good.
A stereotype can sadden, and if given the time, a stereotype can kill.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!