A Dark And Stormy Night

It was a dark and stormy night on Friday the 13th, around 7pm and a 14 year old girl named Alice was in her room texting her friends. Alice's 6 year old sister, Angelina hated babysitters so they were home all alone. Alice wasn't the kindest big sister and sometimes teased her younger sister like today. While Angelina was trying to draw a full picture without crying, Alice would scare her and call her a scaredy cat.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. A terrified Angelina stands up and walks to the door. It revealed a man wearing a full uniform with a VIC logo (meaning Victoria) in the corner of his uniform. Now, Angelina had just learnt acronyms at school and thought it stood for Vicious, Inhuman and Cruel. The man was holding a box and said in a hoarse voice" Be careful". Alice was at the door by then and was as pale as ever but when the asked for her signature and age, she had already fainted.

Angelina's teacher had also taught her about the famous 'Sherlock Homes'. Remembering that, Angelina started to look for clues. Then after 10 minutes or so, she found a word in big text that read 'FRAGILE'. By then Alice had just revived and realised everything and started laughing. She explained that the man was a mailman!

Alice said thank you and the mailman walked off, confused. Inside were two beautiful snow globes and a letter. It was from their grandma as a present for Christmas in July. It even had their names engraved on it.They couldn't wait to tell their parents what had happened.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!