On A Spring Morning

The flash of her brown boots came first as she slipped over landing in a mud puddle. As Penny got up and tidied herself up she heard the screeching of tyres as two shadowy figures jumped quickly out of a moving black van. They climbed over a black security fence glancing back at her. She wondered what they were doing. Without thinking much about it, she happily skipped along to her favourite book store ‘I am a Book Store’.
The warm Spring sun was streaming down on her as she opened the vintage beige door that lead her inside book heaven. She glanced at the books wondering what new ones they had. She felt amazed to see the new book display. A surprise wave of excitement rolled over her like a wave as she nerdily danced down the aisles of books.
As she marched down the aisle she saw a glimmer of light cascading down upon a golden book. The one book she wanted. She grabbed the book and firmly gripped it promising never to let it go.
As she crazily danced ferociously kicking the air and jumping up and down, she didn’t realise behind her there were the two same shadowy figures creeping up on her. Before they knew it they were kicked down to the hard, blue, carpeted ground and were suffering from great pain. Penny Poppins didn’t notice that while she was geekily dancing, she kicked one of them in the leg and hit one of them in the head with her book. As she turned around she found two hairy men in black attire lying in pain on the ground.
She carefully stepped over them trying not to hurt them anymore. She travelled to the checkout while skipping and was greeted by a friendly employee named Sarah. Sarah asked her what had happened in aisle 3 and she had no idea what she was talking about. Honestly, she was too happy about her golden, beautiful book to even care or notice anything.
When she got home to her beautiful but messy house that night, she was quickly reading her new book on her old, soft luscious couch while the annoyingly noisy TV was on. Not releasing for a second that she was being praised on national TV in front of the whole of Australia for doing something accidentally. Oopsy!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!