Volcanic Eruption

I was in a destructive situation will I survive or will I die. The smoke was building higher and higher over the town. I felt my eyes water like small raindrops and the darkness spread over the town like a cloud of smog. It caused a devastating impact. I heard people's footsteps speeding, starting off soft and as they increased the footsteps got louder and louder like a shattered glass and the screaming was horrific, it would make a baby cry. The lava was bubbling down at the speed of 400 miles per hour. The ash and gases were filling the air killing people one by one. I don’t know whether I should get out now or continue to watch the magnificent but life threatening eruption. I thought on the spot, I’m exiting the town. I exited the town with my heart pumping a million miles per second and the smell of death twitching at my nose. At last I have taken myself out of the situation without serious injuries, only a few minor burns and I thought to myself, I am so glad I got out alive but the horrific memories will stay for the rest of my life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!