Gallipoli Moment

Cold water flows all over me as I sprint to the shore. All of a sudden, the sound of bullets is in the air. My fellow soldiers fall as I waded to the shore. Now on shore, shells are being lobed down. I climbed up the hill and start digging trenches and dug outs to protect my fellow soldiers and I. Hiding from the Turks, shooting the opposite way to them. This was well unexpected. We all thought we were going to take the Peninsula easily. Dirt is crumbling everywhere around us. It is such an unforgiving terrain. Diesease and hunger spreads through the trenchs. The flashes of light blind us. The blood curdling screams rattle my brain. The rats feast on my fellow dead comrades. Limbs of men are everywhere. Blood covers the Turkish soil. This is Hell.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!