Margo's Dead

She may still be alive. But there's no way. "The teenager's dead." said the man. Nobody could've lived. "Margo!" I cried. There is no Margo. "Margo is dead." The man exclaimed. I lay on the floor beside the cold body of Margo, my best friend. "She was too young, too gentle." I exclaim, tears steaming down my face. "I tried to save her, but it was to late. The fire was surrounding us. The smoke was making me cough. I thought we were going to die. That's when the door came down and you guys saved us." I feel like crying my heart out, but I hold it in. I can feel vomit come up my throat from the smoke. "Are you OK?" My friend asks. "Yeah, I'm fine." I reply. But inside, I'm angry at myself. I could've saved her, but I didn't. Was this my fault? Was Margo dead because of me? I hear sirens that disrupt my thoughts. The police arrive first and then the fire fighters. "Hello officer." Says the man. All of a sudden, I wonder where the man came from. He appeared out of nowhere and he was now involved in this mess. I took a closer look at him and saw that he had a cut on his left leg. "Hello. My men are here to investigate how this fire started." Said the officer. "Well, I'm sure we will do as much as we can to help with the investigation." Said the strange man. "You can help by coming down to the station and asking a few questions for us." Asked the officer. "Of course. Shall the children come to? I can bring them." Suggested the man. My stomach turned. A stranger taking us to the police? "That's OK. I'm sure they can drive down to the station." Replied the officer. Jason and I get into Ella's car and we follow the officer to the station. I look behind my back to take one last glance at the man and I see him give me a big grin.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!