Killer Car

Adam spotted the car he wanted as soon as he walked in. The gleaming black outside and the classic lines caught his eye. Adam quickly called Tony, a mechanic that lived down the road, to come and look it over. When he finished, tony wiped his hands and said “I can’t see any problems” he declared. “Great that’s a relief, but the look on your face tells me that theres something wrong?” Tony shrugged and said “I just heard some people talking about this car. Apparently it’s for auction because the owner is no longer alive.” ‘So?” Adam asked “But the owner did just die- his body was found in this car!” Tony insisted. “That dose creep you out?” “Hey, if it means I get a discount because people are freaked out, then I’m in!” Adam was soon the proud owner of his dream car. A month later, he dropped in o tony. “how’s the car going?’ tony asked? “Great, only a few problems like things will turn on by themselves but its fine!” “Sounds like the previous owners haunting it!” tony said. ‘don’t be ridiculous, it’s just an electrical problem, theres no such thing as ghosts!” Adam confidently said. “So, imp having a Halloween party next Saturday, do you want to come, it’s a costume party!” ‘Thanks but nah I’m not really into dressing up and Halloween, you know.” The next day Adam found a photo under the passenger seat. There was a man sitting on the bonnet of the car. Adam figured it must have been the previous owner with his car. Adam smiled then threw the picture in the bin. Over the next few days, odd stuff kept happening but Adam tried to ignore it. When Halloween- the night of Tony’s party- rolled around, Adam dropped by. “You going to stay?” wondered tony. “No I just dropped in to give you this box of chocolates. Happy Birthday” Adam grinned, handing it over. ”thanks but if you change your mind you can come back.” Adam drove his car along the coast. He didn’t want to be home in case kids came knocking on his door. The road snaked around cliffs, passing houses with jack-o-lanterns. He had just reached halfway down the road when the radio blared. He just ignored and cranked it back up. Suddenly his heart started racing as the radio blared again. He couldn’t move the steering wheel. The car headed towards the cliff. That’s it he thought. With just moments to spare Adam flung open his door and rolled out while he watched his car roll off the cliff. The car plunged through the railing, hitting the hard rocks below. Tony visited Adam in hospital the next day. “Glad you’re ok, bud” “only some bruises and a broken ankle, I’ll be right.” “I just hope your friend is okay.” Tony added. “what do you mean” you know that guy who was sitting in the front when you dropped off my present.”
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!