That Time Again

It was the most hideous sensation I ever felt. I had just been dragged out of the best day of my life. I could feel someone shaking me. I did not want to move, I was too depleted. I did not even bother opening my eyes because I knew that there was a blinding light shining in my face.
I tried to snivel but my mouth was dry, as if someone had put cotton balls in my mouth. I was never expecting it to be this disconcerting. When I try to sit up, I feel like I am being dragged back down again by gravity. My whole body was aching; my whole body was in an inferno.
I could hear a voice but I could not pinpoint where it was coming from. The shaking started again, but harder this time. It was all so perplexing for me. Blinding rays of lights everywhere, shouting and yelling. All I wanted to do was burrow back into the warmth of my secure place.
“Please just let it stop,” I said to myself. I want to fade away. Visions flashed in my mind of what it would be if I were to open my eyes. Pain and anguish? I couldn’t keep this up for long. I had to give in. But I knew that if I did, I would be facing something even worse.
“Why would the people not stop shaking me?” I groaned and rolled over. All I wanted was to go back into my slumber! All I wanted was to be left alone!
I couldn’t believe my two day holiday was over already. It went way to fast. Eventually I had to give in; I couldn’t stand it any longer. I strained my eyes open to a distorted room. The worst feeling ever. Pain! Pain! Pain! My head spinning!
As my vision cleared, I knew I was in for a tough day. “Why Me?”
“No...really...Why me?”
I absolutely hate waking up for school on Monday mornings! The commencement of ANOTHER school week!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!