A Crisis In London

It was a normal day in London when Professor Bill went hiking with his friend on Pikes Peak, the biggest extinct volcano in the world. But Professor Bill still thought that it could erupt 100 years after its last destruction and that 100 years would be the following day on Wednesday...
He quickly drove to the Council of London's Parliament House to warn them about the destruction the volcano is capable of. But the Council did not believe in Bill's theory and ordered him to get out of the Parliament House. The next day Professor Bill's earthquake readings were very high, it read 7.9 and he could almost see the volcano and earthquake's demolition after it had finished.
Suddenly, the sky went grey as if the clouds would rain, the sea and the ground started to shake mildly. This was the start of the end... Now the ground was wobbling like London was in a washing machine and over at the volcano, Bill could see little drops of lava flying out of the mouth of the volcano. Two hours later, there were curtains of lightning roaming the streets and buildings collapsing on top of cars, also, to make matters worst, the volcano had erupted and lava was pouring down the mountain, creating a huge wall of fire taking down trees and some houses sitting on the mountain side. Bill had to get out of his house but there was a huge piece of cement covering the front door and the back door was engulfed with fire, so the only way out of the house was jumping from the balcony on the top floor... He jumped but he had badly injured his ankle during the jump and he could see that the bridge he was lying on was collapsing and very soon he would fall another 500m into Lake Witherburn. The bridge had collapsed and he was falling at the speed of light when suddenly, there was a huge slap: Bill hit the water with a huge SMACK and his body went down the water like a stone...
Professor Bill woke up with a shock and quickly pulled himself to the surface of the water, but to his surprise, large chunks of cement was falling down from the bridge. He looked for the nearest dock or land that he could climb upon. He could only see the end of the bridge, but he still had to save himself from the debris falling above him.
He got to the end of the bridge and quickly climbed to the mainland, lava was coming his way and the other had been blocked by a pile of bricks... He could see a chopper but it was too high to get to, so he scurried along the pile of bricks and started waving to get the pilot's attention, and with luck, the chopper came down and Bill hopped into the
chopper and they flew away. There were still aftershocks but Bill still got away, safely!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!