Le Vol À Voile

The Le vol à voile cruised swiftly across the endless desert of blue, Le vol à voile looked like it could go forever, its strong, modern and swift appearance painted the illusion it was flying across the brilliant blue ocean. It swept the sea with so much grace and agility; it was a fanatical sight to behold. Suddenly, Le vol à voile, the ship that could never break, lurched to a sickening stop.....
It was dawn, just before that time when the seabirds began their frantic call. I was wakened by an abrupt shudder, a shudder that toppled, tangled, tossed my belongings onto the ship floor. I sat up in my bed and watched fascinated as rolled to and fro over in perfect repetition, soon the objects stopped the extreme movement they had undertaken seconds before and took to the normal faint sway of the morning sea.
The shock was evident on everyone’s face as I progressed towards the breakfast buffet; some had a placid look on their faces; like they knew with a certainty that just because they had paid good money; everything would be alright, after all this was Le vol à voile, the safest, sturdiest luxury boat. Or so they thought. Jill, the elderly woman next door, had just come from the viewing deck was wailing ‘Oh my, oh my, the ship has stopped!’ and was instantly hushed by her beet red husband Perry.
Whilst everyone went off to eat, I veered off course and headed towards the captain’s quarters. There was an eerie atmosphere; something was not at all right. That’s when the screaming started.....
I subconsciously called orders to the hired crew as I hurried. I wanted nothing that would make the reporters come flocking like gulls, not on my father’s boat. I was here to make sure everything runs smoothly, I promised my father that’s what I would do.
On entry, the captain’s quarters were as expected. Where was the captain? I entered the captain’s lavatory quarters, here I found him laying ,blood pooling around his middle, his nails a deathly blue tinge.
And suddenly, the ship that could new break started to slowly,sink into the deep down under. There was no hope.
-Anna cox

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!