Cal's Adventure

Cal woke up to the sound of birds tweeting and other birds complaining to those birds to shut up. It was a kind of peaceful day in the Land of Ooo. She stretched and flapped her cat ears, which she had done ever since… She didn’t know. So she strode over to Mark’s bed. Wait, she needed something. Cal walked into the kitchen and emerged with a pair of oven gloves, then nudged the Flambit out of his fireproof bed. He woke up and grumbled: “Hey that was the good part!” “Mark, how did I get my cat ears?” “Well, after I left the Fire Kingdom, I saw you. You needed a home so I took you in, but soon after we went to this market place and a vendor sold you a drink of water.” “What next?” Cal inquired. “Well,” Mark continued, “I don’t know WHAT they put in that water but it turned you into a cat. But since it was distilled in the water it only turned you into a half cat.” “Well that explains why I have a thing with yarn and tend to try to eat mice.” “Yeah.” said Mark “but there is something I need to show you, follow me.” The two then proceeded to walk out the front door of their cave home and set off on their adventure. Across the grassy plains they saw a shop. Approaching the weird looking thing, they saw a grubby shopkeeper in full light. “Wadda ya want!” barked the angry shopkeeper. “Do you have some yarn?” Cal asked. “Or mice? I got quite hungry on the way here and Mark said not to eat that toad, so…” “No!” The shopkeeper interrupted loudly. “You can’t have a mouse! You aren’t a cat!!”. “I am a half cat! Weren’t you clued in by the ears?” Cal said. “Calm down!” yelled Mark.” This won’t solve anything! Now, what do you have for sale?” said Mark casually leaning on the counter forgetting it was made of wood. The dirty thing quickly ignited, and spooked Cal to the point where she jumped up a tree. “AAAAAAAAAAH!” everyone screamed.After a chaotic series of crazy events, involving a crazed shopkeeper, a terrified Flambit and a half cat girl clinging to a tree while yelling, “MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” ,the shop was extinguished. After going home, tired, exhausted and with a few hurting eardrums between them they returned to their cave home. “Well … that was, interesting to say the least.” said Cal.” They’ll be ok. I think. Cal.” Mark said. “There is something I need to show you inside the house.” as he went inside and gestured for Cal to do the same. Cal did and saw a cake on the table, two storey with a fish on the top. “Happy birthday Cal!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!