Mannoth The Mammoth

Hello there! I’m Mannoth the mammoth. I am on my way to attend my friend’s birthday.
As I was walking, I heard a whoosh and a swish, and then I turned around to find a hurricane coming towards me. I ran quickly to get away from the hurricane, but it got me.
I tumbled and turned so quickly inside the hurricane that I blacked out. When I woke up, I found myself in a strange place, which looked totally different from the place I live.
What are those little things running across that grey land and why are they making beeping sounds? Are they monsters? What are all that tall stuff that looks like things I can break? Oh where am I? Am I dead? Can anyone answer my question?
I heard a voice telling me that those monsters are cars and all that tall stuff are buildings, not that it made any sense to me. I turned around to find someone who looked like me but had no hair and also had a trunk. She told me her name was Mimi and she was an elephant. The weirdest thing she said to me was that I was supposed to be extinct and that I am now in the 20th century. I panicked and went crazy. I stomped so hard that I almost squashed her. I told her how I got here and if she could help me to get back to where I came from.
Mimi took me to her home in the jungle to meet her grandpa who supposed to know every legend, but he said to me that I had to wait for another hurricane to take me back and he had no idea when that will happen.
I got very upset and ran as quickly as my feet could take me. I tripped and fell down. I heard someone called my name and looked up to find my mum was brushing my hair with her warm, wet trunk. Phew, it was just a dream! Boy! I am glad to see my mum again. I hugged my mum tightly and would never let go.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!